DIY Furniture Removals
Moving homes or offices is always going to be a big job and the move often causes unwanted stress. You are going to have cluttered boxes everywhere and constantly looking for things that you have already packed away. If you have been through a move, then you already understand.
Many people prefer using a furniture removal company who come into your home or office and pack up everything for you. They will provide you with boxes, bubble wrap and protective blankets and ensure that all your home or office content is moved to your new location safely.
As great as this option sounds, it comes with a heavy bill. Traditional furniture removal is very expensive and in this day and age, we are all aiming at saving every cent that we can. So what is the low cost alternative to furniture removals?
The answer is actually quite simple. DIY furniture removal…
Moving Truck Rental
Moving truck rental requires a bit more work on your part, but it will certainly save you money. There are many truck rental companies in South Africa that offers moving truck rental services. How it works is: You will need to rent a truck, for a day, which generally comes with an experienced truck driver. The truck will arrive at the pickup point and will move your contents to its new location.
Now that may sound very simple, and it is. But there is a little more to it. With moving truck rental or DIY furniture removal, there are a few steps that you are going to have to take care of. You will have to supply your own boxes, bubble wrap and protective blankets and you will have to arrange the packing, the loading and the offloading of the truck.
Now, this may sound like a huge mission all over again, but with a little bit of planning, you can pull it off easily. The best part of it all, is that you will save money by not using a traditional furniture removals company.
DIY Furniture Removal Tips
Here are a few tips for planning a house or office move that will save you a lot of trouble:
- Start planning your move early. Do not leave the planning till a day or two before your move.
- Collect as many boxes as you can. New boxes can be very costly so go to super markets or various other retail stores, you will often find empty boxes there.
- Start packing early. Pack items that you don’t use often first. And do not forget to label the boxes. This will be a great help if you need to find something urgently during or after the move.
- Always leave your consumables and cleaning equipment for last. There will always be a bit of cleaning up to do.
- Once your contents have been moved to their new location, move each box and furniture pieces into the room that you have chosen for them to be. This will help your new space not to be cluttered right from the start.
- Unpack and get your new space in order as soon as possible. I know that you are going to be tired at this point, but push through and get it done.
I trust that this article will help you save money and help you get your move done smoothly. Good luck for your move! You will have it all done in no time!